Sunday, September 4, 2011

1 more book for your buck.


Book prices can be frustrating. Even when stores like Borders are going out of business and slashing prices left and right, popular titles still cost upwards of $12 which makes building your library an expensive endeavor. This is the problem I had been running into up until a couple of weeks ago when Andrea dragged me (thanks, love) along to DI and a few garage sales with her. I was shocked by some of the books people had either given away to DI or were selling at such low prices at garage sales.

Here are a few of my recent finds:

The Hunger Games (Hardcover): $2
A Thousand Splendid Suns (Hardcover): $4
Eragon (Hardcover): $5
The Lost Symbol
(Hardcover): $2
Matched (Hardcover): $4
Way to Be (Hardcover): $0.25
Shiloh (Paperback): $0.25
7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Paperback): $0.25

-----------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $17.75

That's right, just $17.75 for eight books that would have costed about $97.75 on Amazon. Now, the copies I found weren't brand new, mind you, but people tend to take good care of their books and all of the copies I bought were all in really good condition.

It looks like building my library just got a lot cheaper!

1 comment: